Edward (Ted) B. Brown III Accomplishments and Position Statement for the future
- Along with other Trustees, I have successfully sued for and received unfettered access to Freeh source-documents. We developed a report summarizing our findings and presented them to the Board. With your help, we will refute Freeh and honor Joe and the Paterno family.
- I will work to
- restore the Statue
- name Paterno Field
- Rename Park Ave., Paterno Way
- recreate Joe’s Lasch office (I have protected Joe’s office furniture).
- I am endorsed by the Paterno Family.
- I will work with Trustee Jubelirer and with Harrisburg to reduce Board size.
- I’ll continue to have many meetings in Harrisburg.
- I have taken the leadership in Crisis Management/Communications Plans creation. I will improve/test them. I’m in discussion with University Leadership regarding a first ever Crisis Management Test. I successfully founded and Chair the Risk Sub-committee. I’m Vice Chair of Audit and Risk. I assisted Hershey Medical with a Business Continuity Plan (pro bono) for which I was publicly thanked for my leadership. I initiated the first external PSAA Audit. I improved safety/security at the new University Park $10 Million Data Center, Beaver Stadium, and many other campuses. I’ve led meetings with Risk Management, Security, Police, Safety, Strategic Communications on such subjects as improved security and assets for football games. I’ve led post event reviews of State Police helicopter use at OSU game, Active Shooter incident at the Ramada. I’m leading efforts to require mandatory training for students, faculty and staff on Active Assailant. I’ll continue to make Penn State a safer place for all.
- I ran for BOT Chair in 2018; I have 2019 support for Vice Chair (from the “other side”). The best way to change the Board is to change the leadership.
- I participated in commencements at Altoona, Eberly, IST, Education, Liberal Arts, Communications, always mentioning Joe Paterno, and Success with Honor.
- I will continue to visit Commonwealth Campuses: with a security and growth focus. This will result in safer campuses, increased enrollment and lower tuition.
- I have broad government working relationships: County Commissioner Higgins, State Senators Corman, Yudichak, Rafferety, and US Congressman GT Thompson.
- I maintain contact with undergrads through every BOT meeting, private lunches with student leaders, my fraternity (Theta Delta Chi), Parmi Nous, Thon, Capitol day, mentorships, tailgates (home, away, and Bowl).
- I’m recognized for taking the lead in protecting the Greek System – personally saving Freshman Rush.
- I have and will continue to attend most events, e.g. away games, Renaissance dinners, Published LTE and OpEds.
- I’m the only BOT Veteran, proudly wearing the honor cord at commencements, hosting Wounded Warriors, and attending Veteran events.
- I’m proud to be running for re-election with incumbent colleagues: Bill Oldsey and Barbara Doran. We appreciate the support you’ve given us in past elections and we ask for your votes again this year. And please reach out to friends and family to solicit their votes. Voter turn-out will decide this election. Thanks.